Friday 23 August 2013

Interview with Bobby Schubenski



So yeah, this has been an interview I have been pursuing since the very first day I started this; Bobby was actually the very first person to agree to do an interview, 48mintues into me having started this page, I asked Bobby and he said sure.
Because of his insanely busy schedule it took some time, but finally we can post up this amazing interview with a truly amazing person.
Bobby is known for being co-owner (along with Jim Somers) of what has become one of the most popular underground clothing lines today, BlackCraft Cult.  A company whose slogans are positive and rely not on God or on any religious beliefs, but on a person's positivity and the belief that if you can visualise it, if you can dream it, you go for it.  This isn't just a slogan, Bobby is also very known for regularly using social media for showcasing his own positive message, posting multiple slogans a day based on human perseverance and overcoming bad times and triumphing.
Bobby has also had a successful music career, having been a member of bands such as Monkeys Are MachineGuns, The Witch Was Right and Suffer Well, and in these bands working with some of the biggest names ever in metalcore and industrial music.

I hope this was worth the wait for those reading, I know when I first read it I loved it.

-----------------------------------------------

I am a huge fan, and have been ever since I first heard Monkeys Are Machine Guns and it blowing my mind cause I'd never heard anything as brutal as that before, then with the start-up of BlackCraft I became addicted to it, buying way too many tees haha.
Again, thanks for letting me do this and helping me get this music blog project off the ground, and in return I will make sure to share any and all BlackCraft news on it.


Questions;


What were some of the bands/music that you listened to when you were younger, and have they help inspire you in later projects (musically or with BlackCraft)?
I grew up listening to bands like eighteen visions, bleeding through, AFI all of these bands were a huge part of me and definitely shaped me into who i am today.

 One of the most important things about you is your positive outlook and how you use and promote The Secret; can I ask how you discovered The Secret?  I actually bought and read the book shortly after I found out about you and your positive message and I have to be honest, it’s amazing, such a great and powerful way to live.
Yeah…just one day i woke up and said i want more in life and i was about to start this clothing line rusted horse at the time so i was looking at tons of different books and magazines to get inspiration and i came across the secret ever since i found that book i own like 5 different copies of it….i will even buy it randomly for people and send it to them just in hopes they will read it :)

As well as having dabbled in music, you’re probably most known for being the Co-Owner (along with Jim Somers) of the hugely successful clothing line BlackCraft Cult; how did this begin, and where (if anywhere) do you find your inspirations for the designs?
HA! dude me and jim started blackcraft with $100 a year ago and we were shipping shirts out of trevors attic at his house….it's pretty crazy to see what it has turned into in a year.



BlackCraft Cult is really starting to seriously take off, I am seeing them regularly at gigs here in Scotland now, most recent being at a Bring Me The Horizon show where this chick was wearing the MIW collab shirt (I was in awe haha). Did you ever think it’d be so successful?
yeah i always believed it would be a success…..the secret taught me that haha :)

Recently you guys have started doing band collaborations, namely Motionless In White and Asking Alexandria; are there any bands that you'd like to work with too, or any bands that are no longer that you wish you could have worked with?
hmmm i would of loved to do one with eighteen visions.
*personal note, yea if this was to ever happen, I'd be first in-line to buy it ;) *

Now that BlackCraft has become what it is, do you have any plans on creating more clothing lines in the future?
yeah actually….funny as I'm typing this I'm working on 2 other lines with some friends one is going to be called ED PARTY



What plans do you have for the future of BlackCraft? What would you like to see happen; more stores, expanded apparel selection?
so excited on the future of BC we will be having a lot more collaborations with bands, artists, etc…..we are going to be expanding into more cut and sew like denim jackets, beanies, shoes!! and hopefully open more stores across the US!

Last question; is Lydia the biggest diva in Orange County (haha)?
hahah well she is the 2nd biggest diva next to me haha…i mean lydia goes to the spa and gets massages 2 times a week.

<3


-----------------------------------------------

I loved doing this, Bobby has personally helped me a good few times, and for this I can't say thank you enough.  So to get to interview such an amazing man, someone who actually helped get into the PMA (positive mental attitude) way of life, its just another great experience I've had with this blog.

Below is a link to BlackCraft Cult, go along, browse their selection of items (leggings, tees, hoodies, crop-tops, patches, snap-backs and even coffee!!) and pick-up a thing or two.  Great clothing line, great quality too, I'm proud to walk around wearing BlackCraft.
http://www.blackcraftcult.com/

Also, here's a link to Bobby's new clothing line, Ed Party, very different from BlackCraft, but still very nice!  Items aren't up to buy yet, but you can see what is to come and be the first in line when they are released.
http://www.edparty.bigcartel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment